TINY DRUMSTICKS Inc. RULES & POLICIES
Tiny Drumstick kitchen is a fully licensed and equipped commissary, designed to minimize the growing pains of food purveyors. Join our membership and we can help you along the road to living your belly-driven dream. Please be respectful and care for of our equipment and facility as you would your own reviewing the rules below will help us all work together in our communal kitchen space.
To start using the Tiny Drumsticks Inc. kitchen you must take the 10 minute orientation on all the available equipment in the kitchen and how to use it. After the orientation you are welcome to use any of the equipment within the kitchen as long as it is returned clean and in the same condition as you found it. This is with the exception of any equipment marked PRIVATE and/or NOT FOR USE.
- If you want to use PRIVATE equipment, arrangements need to be made with TDi management.
- You may not remove any of our equipment, small wares, etc. from the kitchen at any time. This ensures that every tenant has access to all the equipment at all times. 2
- If tenant needs equipment located in another space, they must make sure it is not being used by the client in that space first. Please always be respectful of shared space and work clean and tight.
- Accidents do happen; if you damage any equipment please have the integrity to let us know immediately. We want to keep our kitchen running right at all times, without you telling us equipment is damaged, we can’t do that.
- TDi does not provide supplies such as parchment paper, plastic wrap, hotel pans, paper towels, side towels, etc. TDi provides garbage bags for normal usage in kitchen only.
- TDi supplies a Linen service of towels and aprons. Please discard them after use in the hopper by the front door. If you are found taking these aprons and towels away from the kitchen with you, you will be fined $100.00.
- Please let us know immediately if there are problems with any aspect of the facility so we may rectify the problem as soon as possible. This includes kitchen equipment, refrigeration, sinks, stoves, plumbing, bathrooms, garbage collection, electrical, etc.
- The ice machine is for kitchen use only and NOT market or event use. Do NOT use the ice machine to fill your cooler of ice for a day at the market or an event. If you are caught taking ice you will be charged a $100.00 fine. You may ask for special requests to take ice in mass and pay for it, which will be case by case, and decided by TDi.
SANITATION & CLEAN UP
We all aspire to have an immaculately clean kitchen. Our kitchen may be busy at times, and it is important that the kitchen remain professional and clean for visitors at all times. Whether it’s the health department, other potential clients, customers, or service people; when working in the kitchen you are expected to maintain the space by doing the following:
YOUR COMPANY IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL CLEAN UP. INCLUDING: FLOORS, SURFACES, EQUIPMENT, DISHES AND REWASHING DISHES, AND YOUR STORAGE.
If TDi cleans anything up after you (counters, floor, equipment dished, even a spoon.) You will be charged a $100.00 cleaning fee. If you are the last company that we see that we had to clean up after the fine will be on your company.
- FOOD STORAGE Tenants, please label and date all food products it in accordance with the standards set by NYDOHMH. Additionally please add your company name to all food stored.
- Return and food/ingredients appropriately sealed and cleaned back to their designated areas.
- If transferring ingredients from their original packaging into a new container remember to label it again.
- Store all meat on the bottom shelf of the coolers and freezers. If you do not have a bottom shelf make sure meat is contained in a container, or sheet pan, so that it is isolated and no juices can spill on other products.
- WIPE DOWN ALL EQUIPMENT Tenants must wipe down all equipment and surrounding surfaces used at the end of your shift or when you finish working with any equipment. We supply all cleaning equipment, trash bags, soaps, and cleaning supplies, so please use them.
- Always use a clean rag, first with soap and water, followed by sanitizer solution. Be sure to wipe down any equipment used, don’t forget often overlooked items like sheet pans, mixers, food processors, the table can opener, and the inside of the microwave. NO STEEL WOOL ON THE STAINLESS STEAL PLEASE
- For equipment that disassembles into smaller parts (i.e. the table can opener, mixers), wash, rinse, and sanitize the parts in the three compartment sink.
- If the stove is heavily soiled, remove the grates and wash in three compartment sink, otherwise wipe down the stove top and all sides if you used it.
- TDi provides a daytime porter who cleans the kitchen throughout the day. YOU STILL HAVE TO CLEAN UP AFTER YOURSELF. He is support, not your employee; please treat the porter with respect, as he is your best friend in the kitchen.
- DISH WASHING Proper dishwashing and sanitizing is important for both public health and avoiding cross contamination. Tenants are expected to clean dishes in the following steps:
- Scrape all heavily soiled dishes, including large food scraps, greasy/buttery equipment, animal products, etc into the trash.
- No grease or oil can be put down the drain. Use the Green Barrel to discard Grease and fryer oil. If tenant is found to be discarding grease into the drain they will be fined for this violation.
- Starting at the Pre -rinse area, wash your dishes in the triple sink and following the standard wash, rinse, sanitize procedure. If any compartment becomes dirty, or too cold, empty the compartment, clean the sinks, and refill as needed. However, scraping and pre-rinsing should keep this to a minimum.
- SWEEPING AND MOPPING FLOORS Clients are expected to sweep and mop the floors in all areas they use, including the sink areas.
- Be sure to sweep under and behind tables and equipment. Don’t forget the corners! Place broom and dust bin back in janitor’s closet.
- Fill the mop bucket with fresh floor solution located in the mop closet. When finished mopping, empty the mop bucket, rinse and ring the mop, and hang it above the slop sink to drip dry.
- GARBAGE & REFUSE Everyone MUST put trash in the correct location if you are found not properly disposing of trash you will be charged and additional trash fee of $100.00 for each offense if you do not comply.
- All garbage must be bagged and placed outside on the front curb. (we have 7 days a week pick for garbage)
- All boxes must be broken down and stacked neatly by the front door. Box Recycling days are Mon., Wed., and Fri.
- This is an environmentally responsible facility: Use water wisely. Keep refrigerator and freezer doors closed, enter and exit quickly. Reuse boxes whenever possible. At the end of your shift, place all items in appropriate containers.
- NO PHOTOS/VIDEOS ARE TO BE TAKEN IN THE KITCHEN WITHOUT THE PERMISSION OF EITHER TDi, and tenants. You will be fined $1000.00 if you break this photo/video rule.
- TERMINATION POLICY: Tiny Drumsticks inc. has the right to terminate your kitchen use at any time. You will have 24 hours to move out, unless otherwise discussed.
- Note that any fines incurred by TDi as a direct result of a client or client’s employee failing to abide by the policies set by the NYDOHMH, will be charged to the client’s account plus a $100.00 surcharge.
- If you leave the kitchen in an unsatisfactory condition, TDi has to clean it and you will be charged an additional $100.00 fee/penalty. If there is a second occurrence, we reserve the right to terminate your tenancy.
- Organize and clean your storage area(s) regularly.
- Keep any personal ingredients, equipment, or products clean and organized in your designated space only. Only store your belonging ON YOUR OWN SHELF; if your items are found on another tenant's shelf they are subject to being thrown away.
- All products and food items not in their original containers must be clearly labeled with your name, current date, and contents.
- Do not store anything on shelves labeled as reserved. You will be charged a $20.00 overnight storage fee.
- Items not clearly labeled or stored will be THROWN AWAY .TDi is not responsible for equipment, food, clothing, etc left at the kitchen.
- Do not store anything in the kitchen or walk in floor unless you have permission.
- Do not store anything on/in TDi equipment (such as mixing bowls, sheet pans, pots, etc). Unless you need a sheet pan for protein storage, but it must be returned clean when you have finished using it. It MAY NOT be removed from the building.
If any equipment or food is improperly stored, TDi staff may either move the items and/or discard them. Any food stored, that in the opinion of TDi staff, poses a health risk, will be discarded.
- From time to time, TDi staff may ask clients to remove any or all their items from the dry and/or cool storage for sanitation and health code reasons. If these items are not removed within 3 days, TDi may discard those items, and will not be required to reimburse the client for those items. Items that are not labeled dated, and do not have the company name on them will be discarded.
- STORAGE/DRY STORAGE/COOLER/FREEZER STORAGE:
Cooler space & freezer space must be rented on a monthly basis. If your cooler or freezer storage needs is only for a few days, make separate arrangements with the TDi staff.
Lastly Please Remember
We are all sharing this space. It is mandatory for all clients be respectful to each other, staff, and the property. We are all here to make a living doing something we love. Inappropriate behavior will result in termination of your contract. If you have a concern or incident, please report it to TDi staff.
TDi is under constant video monitoring; your actions are being recorded and can be reviewed if necessary.
Rental and Membership Policy
This document is intended to provide TDis’ policies and information to our clients. Clients are responsible for all content and expected to adhere to the rules and policies within.
All reservations are made through our website. The schedule on the website will contain the most current information about space availability and will ensure your reservation.
Base Rent for the kitchen, Tiny Drumsticks Inc. is $27.00 per hour. If tenant is also renting storage space they are required to rent kitchen for a minimum of 25hrs/month. Rent prices are subject to change without notice.
Storage fee is a cost per-month and varies based on tenant needs.
HOURLY USE OF KITCHEN
One hour is the minimum amount of time the kitchen can be rented, therefore any part of an hour that Tenant is in the kitchen, they must pay for an entire hour. Use of the kitchen includes, but is not limited to: Washing dishes, warming foods, packaging goods, cooking, etc. All of these action are chargeable and considered use of the kitchen.
Clients are expected to finish and clean within their reserved time. Please respect other people using the rented space after you, plan appropriately. We understand that on occasion, extra time will be needed. Please speak with TDi staff regarding such needs.
- If another client has reserved time, and they agree to sharing time while you quickly finish your remaining work, that is okay, as long as it falls within a 30min overlap. Please work with them to ensure that all work can be done; and Clean up as much of the space as possible to make room for those you are sharing time with. In this case extra time will be charged to the tenant’s account, based on your hourly rate.
There is also no use of kitchen without a reservation and if you are found using the kitchen without a reserved time you will be charged a violation fee and increased hourly rate.
Unused hours can not be carried forward. If a tenant has additional hours that they can not use, kitchen reservations can only be transferred or exchanged with another tenant, with prior written approval from TDi. In general, two companies may not share a station in the same time slot
Failure to comply to this one hour minimum rule or using the kitchen when you have not reserved time, will be recognized as an unscheduled use of the kitchen. Those in violation of this will be subject to a penalty fee of $50 and will be charge $35/h for abuse of kitchen time and unreserved hours.
While we understand that things come up, we have committed those kitchen hours to you and expect you to follow through with your financial commitment to Tiny Drumsticks Inc. TDi needs at least a 48 hour notice to cancel your reservation, or you will be charged the full price of your reservation.
VACATION POLICY (Full time members ONLY)
Once you have set kitchen hours, those are your hours, and we will not give them away. If you go on vacation, you must pay for those hours in order to hold them for when you return. If you do not care to maintain the same hours when you return and will be releasing your reservation of those times, then we require one month written notice and we will rent your set times. If you sublet your space you must fill out the sublet paperwork and Tiny Drumsticks Inc. must approve your tenant before you can move forward with the sublet.
After a reservation has been made, clients will receive a confirmation email with the space booked, time, date of booking, and cost of the time. Additional fees may be charged at a later time for such circumstances as; if you add on more hours, have clean-up issues, accrue violation charges, etc.
- Kitchen payments are to be made weekly, by the end of day on Sunday .
- Storage Payments are to be made the first week of every month.
- Tiny drumsticks is on a net 7 billing cycle. Any payments made after the two days will be charge an additional 20%.
- Continual late payments will result in discontinued use of the kitchen.
- Payments can be made in cash, check or credit card. Checks are to be written out to: Tiny Drumsticks Inc.
KEY FOB PROTOCOL
Upon moving into the kitchen, your company will receive two key fobs. Any additional keys needed will have to be purchased for $50.00 per key. If and when your company decides to leave the facilities, you must return the initial first two key fobs in order to get your full deposit back.
VIOLATION FEES OUTLINED
- If TDi cleans anything up after you, counters, floor, equipment, dishes, rewashing dishes, even a spoon. You will be charged a $100.00 cleaning fee. If you are the last company that we see that we had to clean up after the fine will be on your company.
- TDi supplies a Linen service of towels and aprons. Please discard them after use in the bin by the front door. If you are found taking these aprons and towels away from the kitchen with you, you will be fined $100.00.
- The ice machine is for kitchen use only and NOT market or event use. Do NOT use the ice machine to fill your cooler of ice for a day at the market or an event. If you are caught taking ice you will be charged a $100.00 fine.
- If you leave the kitchen in an unsatisfactory condition, leaving TDi to clean it and you will be charged an additional $100.00 penalty/fee. If there is a second occurrence, we reserve the right to terminate your tenancy.
- NO PHOTOS/VIDEOS ARE TO BE TAKEN IN THE KITCHEN WITHOUT THE PERMISSION OF EITHER TDi, and tenants. You will be fined $1000.00 if you break this photo/video rule.
- Failure to comply to this one hour minimum rule or using the kitchen when you have not reserved time, will be recognized as an unscheduled use of the kitchen. Those in violation of this will be subject to a penalty fee of $50 and will be charged $35/h for abuse of kitchen time and unreserved hours.
- TDi needs at least a 48 hour notice to cancel your reservation, or you will be charged the full price of your reservation.
- Rent: Each week that passed of unpaid rent you will be charged 20% of your rent in addition to your outstanding fee. This 20% will be applied each week rent is not paid.
- All water, gas, trash, electric usage is included in your rental fee. Be responsible in your usage of these utilities. If abused, policies will be changed to include a utilities surcharge. A $100.00 fine will be the result if found wasting utilities. (DON’T LEAVE AN OVEN ON ALL NIGHT BY MISTAKE)
Health Code Violations
- Tiny Drumsticks inc. and its tenants are under the scrutiny of the New York Department of Health. Our location is routinely inspected and any fines incurred by TDi as a direct result of a tenant or tenant’s employee failing to abide by the policies set by the NYDOHMH, will be charged to the client’s account plus a $100.00 surcharge.
- Violations of Health Department Codes unacceptable and will be noted and penalty fees will be applied to your account. Repeated will result in revocation of your kitchen usage privileges, and cancellation of your lease.
- 1st Offense is a fine of $100.00
- 2nd Offense is a fine of $200.00
- 3rd Offense we review and decide on a financial penalty, or we terminate your membership.
Street parking is available all along Van Dam Street. No cars are to be parked on the sidewalk for more than 10 minutes to load-in or out. Any cars left on the sidewalk for more than the allotted time will be towed at the owner’s expense and risk.
Access to the loading dock is available during normal business hours (Monday through Friday, 9am-5pm). If you need access outside of those hours, please coordinate with TDi staff. TDi is not responsible for any damage, theft, parking tickets, towing, etc.
*Please be respectful of each other especially during busy market days.
ORDERING FROM VENDORS
Our clients are encouraged to establish their own accounts with vendors and place orders for delivery to TDi directly. We can assist in completing any documentation related to opening new accounts. Independent orders must abide by the following policies:
- All orders must be made through your own account. Do not call in an order under the TDi name.
- Delivery must be scheduled during a time you can meet the delivery.
FOOD HANDLER’S LICENSE
All client’s must have a New York Food Handler’s License in order to be qualified to rent a space at TDi. Additionally at any given time when cooking or preparing food, one member of your team must have a Food Handler’s License on site.Please see the link for more information on how to obtain a license. http://www.nyc.gov/html/doh/html/services/hany-fo…
CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS AND PRIVACY
Payments made by credit card are secure and encrypted, as stated on our website. Your information will never be stored.
Tiny Drumsticks Inc. has created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to privacy.
General Statement of Principles
As described in detail below, any information we gather at this web site is strictly for our use and is not shared with any other entity, public or private, for any reason - period. We will not sell or give away any lists or other data that we may retain and we do not purchase such information from other sources.
Our servers, like most servers, track IP addresses and referring pages to help with site maintenance and improvements. This data is viewed only as anonymous statistics to show the busiest times of a day, error pages, and if we advertise, how effective it really has been. This information is not used for any other purpose.
Personal Information Collected - Order Forms
With the exception of credit card info. (WE NEVER STORE YOUR CREDIT CARD), we store the information from your order form to allow us to track consulting issues, or refer to a previous order to help provide some customer service. You may elect to have your information completely removed from this system by e-mailing us at email@example.com with your request. We do not store any type of sales information.
Information Correction or Removal
If you wish to correct, update or remove any information about you that may be in our records, please send us e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org with the details of your request. If you wish to contact us further, please find complete contact information on our "contact us" page.